Data on Violence Against API Ladies
- 21 – 55% of Asian ladies within the U.S. report experiencing intimate real and/or sexual violence during their life time, predicated on a compilation of disagregated examples of Asian ethnicities in neighborhood communities. Information & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander females reported experiencing rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner within their lifetime in a nationwide study, when compared with 48% of United states Indians or Alaska Native women, 45% of Ebony females, 34% of Hispanic females, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence research on partner punishment in six Asian United states ethnic teams in the united states. Overseas Personal Work. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a six-year duration, 160 instances in Asian families led to 226 fatalities, of which 72% had been adult homicide victims, 10% were child homicide victims, and 18% had been committing committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been intimate partners (current, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 had been females and 14 had been guys.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators had been males, 14% had been ladies, 3% unknown.
- Kids had been the next biggest team of victims, plus the moms and dads of wives and girlfriends had been the third biggest team. Shattered Life (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical physical violence: an assessment of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Sexual Physical Physical Violence
- Of API females, 23% experienced some form of contact sexual physical violence, 10% skilled completed or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact undesirable intimate experiences in their life time. CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 56% of Filipinas and 64% of Indian and Pakistani ladies had skilled intimate physical violence by an intimate in a research of 143 domestic physical violence survivors. Intimate Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
- 8% of API ladies experienced stalking in their life time CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 68% of Filipinas and 50% of Indian and Pakistani abused ladies reported being stalked by the Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
Children’s Contact With Family Violence
- 70% of Cambodians, 61% of Chinese, 80% of Koreans, 79% of Southern Asians, and 72% of Vietnamese people reported being hit frequently as kiddies. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- 28% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 30% of Koreans, 8% of Southern Asians, and 27% of Vietnamese witnessed their dads frequently hit their moms. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- In analysis 160 Asian homicide instances, 22 kiddies had been killed. Of this 63 non-fatal kid victims for who information ended up being available, 60 had been either on website if the homicides took place, survived an attempted homicide, were attention or ear witnesses up to a maternal homicide, or discovered the figures. Shattered Everyday Lives (2010)
- Of this 3,116 trafficking survivors with specified ethnicities whom reached away to Polaris operated hotlines in 2016, 23% (715) were Asian. Polaris Venture: 2016 Statistics
Attitudes towards Violence
- Of 607 Asian respondents, the most truly effective explanations for why household physical violence takes place had been that the spouse desires energy, domination, and control (72 reacted in this way) and that he's anger that is frustrated/has67 responded because of this). Overall, family violence is overwhelmingly perceived due to sugardaddymeet prices the fact individual issue of the spouse.
- 22% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 29% of Korean, 5% of South Asian, and 9% of Vietnamese gents and ladies stated that the girl who's being mistreated must not tell anybody concerning the punishment. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical physical physical violence: a study of four communities that are asian. Violence Against Women. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Resources on Violence against API Ladies
Domestic and intimate physical violence in Filipino Communities, 2018
A compilation of data on domestic physical physical physical violence, intimate physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Filipino communities.
Data on Gender-Based Violence in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, 2017
This factsheet compiles data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, domestic violence associated homicide, stalking, children’s experience of household physical violence, and individual trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Ethnic-Specific Factsheets on Domestic Violence
Ethnic-specific compilations of data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Asian communities into the U.S.
AAPI information, an accumulation of infographics and factsheets on AAPIs