Follow this checklist to make the TSI assessment test at Austin Community College or see whether you might be exempt.
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a assessment that is state-required to find out college-readiness in reading, writing, and math. All first-time university students has to take the TSI test before enrolling in classes unless you're exempt or complete.
1. Verify TSI status
Check the set of TSI exemptions and score completions to find out when you have already met TSI requirements in a single or even more areas (reading, writing, and math) or meet the requirements for an exemption. You need to show evidence of exemption. You might take your proof of waiver or exemption, if applicable, to any campus Advising Office. Those people who are not exempt/complete is going to Step 2.
You don't have to make the TSI Assessment in the event that you:
- Have earned a C or higher in a college-level course at a certified institution. This course must be equal to an course that is ACC the approved ACC TSI course list.
- Previously attended college and also have been determined to possess met college readiness standards by that institution; or
- Are student that is enrolling in an amount 1 certificate program and are also taking courses ONLY in the certificate award plan; or
- Are serving on active duty as an associate regarding the armed forces of this United States, the Texas National Guard, or as a part of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States and now have been serving for at the very least three years preceding enrollment; or
- On or after August 1, 1990, were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a part of the armed forces associated with the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a part of a reserve component of the armed forces for the united states of america.
- You have completed the SAT, ACT, or any other approved assessment exam with all the minimum score necessary for TSI exemption.
Test Score Exemptions
The tests that are following be employed to exempt you against one or more parts of the TSI Assessment. Tests must have been taken inside the previous 5 years.
? Note: Mixing or scores that are combining the SAT administered prior to March 2016 and the SAT administered March 2016 and soon after, is not allowable.
TSI Complete Scores
You have completed Texas Success Initiative requirements for a area that is subject you:
- Earn the minimum score listed in the chart below
- Official photo ID
- Know your security that is social number
- Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate
- Testing fee receipt or fee waiver
Note*: A placement score less than 340 and an ABE Diagnostic amount of at the very least 4, and essay score with a minimum of 5.
Request TSI Scores
Complete the Request for TSI Scores if you wish to pull your test scores taken at another HS/college/university.
2. Complete TSI test preparation
If you're incomplete in just about any area(s) and are unable to provide proof of exemption, you have to take the TSI Assessment. ? Complete the TSI assessment preparation steps if you want to take all or the main assessment. The steps provide test preparation instruction and practices resources. It is important to print out of the Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate and take it to you on the day associated with the test.
3. Pay testing fee
If you wish to use the assessment, pay your testing fees online. Important: Save the printed receipt as proof you paid.
If you're qualified to receive a Pell Grant, it is possible to request an TSI Assessment fee waiver from Financial Aid.
4. Schedule your test
Review the TSI testing schedule to obtain the time that is best and location. Contact the testing center at your campus to schedule the test. Drop-in testing is present at some campuses; please call the campus to find out more. Seating is not guaranteed.
5. Take your test
Arrive in the scheduled day, time, and location. Bring the following:
Get a good amount of rest the night before your test. Allow at least five hours to complete all test sections. A exam that is diagnostic also be required, dependent on your results.